Sunday, January 4, 2009

Well....

Not much going on today. Taking down tree. Got all the other decorations down yesterday.
Looking sort of sad and empty here.
Always does after we do it, then it begins to look like home again once we get used to it.

Have a pot of soup on, just a throw together one. No recipe.
Beef, carrots, celery, onion, potato, cabbage, jar of my canned tomatoes, beef broth, some garlic, onion powder, parsley, oregano, black pepper , wee bit of salt. Have some peas left over may toss them in at end of cooking. No fresh bread so will serve with some saltines.
Today is cool and cloudy so a good day for soup.

Sewing today for the Calendar Quilt Challenge.
Click on the button in my side bar to go read about it.
Not hard one to follow , or I am hoping anyway!

Today is last day of the vacation time for us.
Back to 'normal' tomorrow!!!
I hit ground running with a vet appt early so no more sleeping in and back to my turns at the dog walks...;-)

Got a new camera I am learning to use and the postal scale I needed for Cedar Cottage.
So hope I will be good to go soon with grand opening!!!
Crossing fingers no more delays with health or anything else!!!

Have a good one!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about taking down the decorations. The house takes on such a festive, calm feeling during the Christmas season, and it seems so blah when it all goes back in the boxes. I really need to find a way to keep that feeling in the house throughout the rest of the year.
    Your soup sounds like such a good idea, so cold outside.
    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww i hate taking my stuff down.
    outs me in a bad mood.
    i really hate spring & summer.
    i'm such a fall & winter girl.

    thanks for the shout out about the challenge.
    i can't wait to see your quilt come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a challange you are joining. I am not sure I am up for that, but then my stash isn't that big due to storage constraints so I don't know if I would even have enough scraps!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!