Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend that was...

Was spent inside mostly. Had the horrid rain Saturday then Sunday was sunshine and 70’s.
Sadly wind was huffing right along so could not enjoy it outside!!!
I tried to do my morning coffee on porch but had to give it up.
I did have to run out , well hobble out, once to catch my small table I use at clothes line to put basket on. Was headed across field down to the woods… ha!!

I did get some things done, just in a slow lazy fashion.
I had personal mail to catch up on, some orders to place and I also did some blog hopping!!
Always such fun to visit new ones and catch up on some as well.
Also spent some time chatting on the phone with some of my sweet fav folks, catching up on all the news of family and friends.

Really just spent a lovely weekend hanging out.
DH cooked French Toast for breakfast Sunday..yum!
I prepared the later meal of comfy(diner) food, beef sirloin burgers in onion gravy , mashed taters and garden peas.

I will have to say I did get the sewing room sort of cleaned up again…getting ready for my next project!!
I also got some BOM patterns printed off.
I have some ready to take to machine to appliqué.
I also have my Feed Sack Bunny runner ready to quilt.
Did pull out a SPRINGISH runner to put on sofa chest.
This is a Pat Sloan design I did from a magazine a couple years ago.

Today I am determined to clean out some clutter in our guestroom.
It is not a large room and I use it as my closet/ dressing room too.
I am getting bad about not putting things away! Got to nip that in the bud!!!

I want to get the dining room ready for some company sewing…;-)
So today and Tuesday I will be the maid , organizer, cook, etc.
Maybe I can squeeze in some fun quilting in the afternoon!!!
I mean it can’t be all work and no play!!


Some Easter Cuteness!
Now if you have lil ones coming for Easter you have to check out these cuties
from Bakerella!! Oh my my such stinking cuteness!!!!

Next is Peeps from Pumpkin Patch Primitives. Cute lil quilts to be sure!!

4 comments:

  1. I like your runner...and thanks for the link to those cake bunnies....very cute! I had to laugh at the thought of you chasing your table across the yard (although I'm sure you weren't laughing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lola,
    You have been busy and still going strong. I don't know what it is about spring to make us want to get in there and sort and clean. Can't wait to see all your projects your working on and thanks for the blogs with ideas for Easter.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the table runner, very pretty colors! I had one of those weekends too and am spending today cleaning up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring runner is delightful and must have cheered you up on a bleak day. I love French Toast - even more when someone else makes it!

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!