Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello!!!

Ya know on the one hand I am glad this past week is behind us but yet I do feel sad that it sure seems like time is flying by!!
If only the bad stuff would fly by and the good stuff would linger…would that not be wonderful??
We have a nice fresh new week ahead of us so best to make the most of it!!

We have sunshine and pretty flowers all a bloom!
Cool with wind yes but gotta love the SUNSHINE!!

Here are some of the gifts I was working on the past couple weeks.
They were for my niece D, who is very good to me and we adore her!
She is a lover of all things Fall and Halloween!!
So it is not odd for her to receive such gifts on BD’s and at Christmas!!
As the saying goes “it is not about the GIFT but the RECEIVER.”

This is a Thimbleberries Panel quilt called Punkin Boy from the Cover Story line.
All layered and quilted.

Remember Pat Sloan’s OP(orange pile) Challenge?
Made the runner below using 3 of the 12 blocks I did.
Quilted it with Superior’s King Tut ‘fallish’ colors variegated thread…LOVE THAT STUFF!!
Bought some to try at the past quilt show. I am sold on it so now I have to order more!!
Last here she is with a pilla I made using her own cross stitch project!
CUTE!!!
She seemed very pleased with all her goodies so I am a happy Auntie!!

7 comments:

  1. VERY nice gifts you made for her. They all turned out so pretty and professional-looking. Thanks for showing us the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Halloween themed projects seem to be some of the cutest, and the colors are so warm and beautiful. Your niece has picked a good theme. Your gifts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a thoughtful Aunty. That is one cute quilt and the cross stitch is just lovely. Your Orange Pile runner looks fabulous and I was interested to read your views on the King Tut thread.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you do that needlepoint, lovely. I used to ... now I am into feedsacks ... 2,300+ & counting. Pop over & take a peek. TTFN ~ Marydon
    www.feedsack.biz
    www.blushingroseboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a lucky girl! Thank you again for the lovely gifts!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nice!!! Your niece is one lucky girl to have an auntie like you. And, hey, if she likes Halloween and Halloween-y colours, then why not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky girl to have such a talented auntie.

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!