Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sew Easy

This is a very simple project to do.
You can use ready made pot holders or make your own.
I needed some new ones so I just shopped the $Store.
Got 2 potholders and 2 towels for 4 bucks.
I did wash the pot holders prior to sewing.
Just to be sure there was no color bleed.
If you do not have a cabinet handle to hang them on they fit over some oven handles as well.
Make fast and fun gifts too!
Can begin the Christmas gift sewing now!

Start with a towel and potholder.

Gather the towel up in middle.

Pin pot holder to gathered part of towel .
Make sure the loop is at top .

Sew on machine using your even feed foot.
I go slow and use a bit longer stitch.
Do Not Sew Over Pins.

Fold up your pot holder find middle of loop.
Mark and sew on your button.


Slip over your handle and button up!
Your hanging hand towel is ready to go.

22 comments:

  1. Great idea. A quick and easy gift.Thanks Lola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is clever and a gift I'd like to make. And the potholder and towel match my every day dishes. I'm off to the dollar store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...how cute is that!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you too clever!!!! Wonderful gift idea! I'll have to try and remember this next time I scour $$ store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!!! I will have to try that! So easy and quick I would think! Thanks for sharing!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute is that....I think I can even handle that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at the amazing things you are now "creating" since that banner!!!!lol
    Looks so cute and simple--I like simple sometimes---I have red in my kitchen--hint---!!! Course that color could change any time--you know me!!!
    Hugs,di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lola, cute idea and a quick gift to give. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! And looks so easy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute and look like it will go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, that is an extremely clever idea. I will have to try that one!
    Thanks for showing us!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you posted this...reminds me I bought some snowflake potholders and towels to make some of these for Christmas presents and never got to them...maybe this weekend I'll do them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome gift idea... I will definately make some of these up for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lola,
    Catching up on your blog. This is a great idea! Thanks for the step by step!
    Valerie
    P.S. I sure hope your right about spring eventually getting here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, now I have to follow you. You are a star at the irish muse, that is where I found you. Then I found your tutorials on the towels and the pot holders. You sold me. I have two gals getting kitchen remodels and this is perfect to add to my little basket of stuff I am giving them.
    thanks
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to do this, and such a lovely finished product. Nicer than the crocheted top. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great, can't believe I haven't seen this before. I want to make some at once...

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!