Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tea Tuesday..again.

I'm a little teapot
short and stout,
Here is my handle,

here is my spout...;-)


This is another regular size one.
It is very old.
It belonged to DH's Granny Belle.
Not a fancy one .
It is a cream-ware pot with raised florals on it.
The bottom has a pretty scalloped edge.
The painted flowers look like decals almost but old.
Has a chip on the spout and some crazing .
DH does not remember seeing her using it but it sat on a shelf in her kitchen always.
Wonder if it had been her Mother's maybe.
Oh well will never know that but is a joy to have it on a shelf over the old enamel topped kitchen table in my kitchen along with her corn husk bottom chair!


Please check out our gracious Tea Tuesday hostess Kim's Blog for other wonderful blogs posting for Tea Tuesday!
I know I have loved seeing some of the most beautiful tea cups and other things on these visits.
;-)

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've got a good eye on that tea pot, but man.....it looks like it's going to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure. It's beautiful!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very special tea pot. It is not only lovely, but a sweet family treasure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lola...it is so nice to have pretty china from family...they are true treasures...sometimes I think little chips and cracks just give them more of the "loved" look! Take care, and God bless!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teapot Lola!
    So pretty!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely teapot! Lucky to still have it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Tonya...it looks close to the edge and ready to fall. Please move it back a bit.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming little teapot. I'm sure Granny Belle is very pleased to know that it is still being enjoyed by someone who appreciates it's beauty and the history behind it.

    Hope you have more teapots to share in the coming weeks. I've so enjoyed seeing everyones collections of tea things and I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely teapot and I'm sure it's filled with treasured memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!