Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Inspired ....

I have been inspired by Tonya of Tonya’s Sewing Room to complete a project that has just been hanging round (literally) waiting..yes another UFO.... well 2 really! Oh my!

Tonya decided to join a bag swap and make a bag using Rachel ‘s tut of p. s. i quilt and then decided to do another one!

This gal is on a roll!! She is also inspiring me in other ways such as to get back into sewing some every day no matter how little!

Made me look up at the pieced blocks/tops for some bags all ready to quilt..been ready!!

So decided I would get them quilted !

Worked on them some early AM yesterday and finished up before I went to bed last night!


They began here.


Got stuck here.


Now they are here!

All quilted ready to become whatever design I decide on.

On the pink/green floral I used a dark pink quilting cotton thread really looks nice.

On the blue /pink one used a pretty silk looking blue rayon twist thread. Just love how that looks!!

Don't ya just feel energized when you make progress on something??? I sure do!
Thanks Tonya!!!
*

I was up at 5AM yesterday to get a head start on my day.

Was going to be gone most of it so had to get some chores done.

I was taking Aunt Dot back to big city for a checkup with her surgeon.

One of those 11:15 appts. Mess up whole day kinda one.

Well we had to wait over an hour!!

Got a good report though, she is healing well.

Still wanted to push radiation but Aunt Dot set him straight on her reasons for saying no…;-)

*

Was so hot and humid we just came on back across the River to have lunch.

I popped into grocery for some Sure Jell.

Then we took the long leisurely route back home.

Aunt Dot enjoyed it as she has not been out and about in a long while.

We were both tired when we rolled in late afternoon.

Uncle Ollie was waiting ..like where you all been?? Ha!!

She went in to tell him and rest some. I hurried home for my cup of tea!!!

Picked some tomatoes for the salad for supper.

When DH called to say he would be late leaving office I decided to quilt some more!

So over all was a great day!!!!

*

Today I have some ‘dirty’ work to attend to , pick the figs and pears.

Do my prep work for the fruit jam/preserves I will be doing tomorrow.

*

Yes sewing today as well even if just a few seams!!!!

Also catching up on my Calendar Quilt.

Later ya’ll!!!

P.S.

Blogger was giving me a fit when I was doing this post!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a very busy day...glad you got your sewing mogjo back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day you had....tiring but productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are too kind. Thanks so much for the kind words. Anything I can do to help, you just let me know. If I need to prod you with a hot iron, I can do that as well. jk lol HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your day is productive. I know I need to fire up my sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy. Glad you got your sewing in, though. It's good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had quite a productive day!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, you've had a busy day. Congratulations on your progress. I just love Tonya's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy Busy. Look how much you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!