Sunday, May 31, 2009

FRESH is BEST!!

Took some of the above and added the stuff below to it!!!


Fresh from the garden …our butter crunch and romaine, and some Black Seeded Simpson leaf lettuce from nephew’s garden , radishes, green onions and parsley tossed with some bought cukes, celery, carrots and green peppers.

Tossed in some grilled chicken, by nephew, boiled eggs and extra sharp farmers cheese. Tossed with some wonderful dressing! Such a delish light supper!

Now if only we had a nice red ripe 'mater too add… oh well they too will come and be sooo worth the wait! They are getting bigger by the day!!

11 comments:

  1. Sure looks yummy!!! I just finished off a bowl of slice of angel food cake with sliced local strawberries and some real whip cream. No sugar on mine. It was SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YUM! That looks so good! I can't wait to make a salad from my garden (fingers crossed something grows).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nice big salads like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love salads, and yours looks yummy. We are looking for our tomatoes to ripen soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salads like that...and fresh is best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! When's dinner?
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. hiya!
    nothing sezs loving like a huge salad! ::::rapping::::: I like big salads I cannot lie.....
    dont forget, my harris teeter store has its grand opening june 3rd! IM working 3-11pm, but I will be there at 8am for the door opening! hope to see ya there! (mauh) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh, yummy!!! I do so envy you having fresh garden veggies :) lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of garden vegetables. It looks yummy!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!