Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yummy Lemon Garlic Chix Dish


I prepared this chix dish Sunday. Was yummy!!!
Hope this makes sense to you all as I am NOT a professional cook or food writer!!!
I seldom 'cook' with a recipe per say, always do my own thing.
DH keeps telling me ..YOU BETTER WRITE THIS ONE DOWN, every time I do a good one. Ha!!

Okay I used 2 small flash frozen chix breasts, all de-boned and skinned.
Could use the chix tenders as well or turkey tenderlion or cutlets.
In a pie plate mixed me up some lemon juice, about 1/4 cp or so, one big clove of garlic (pressed) , kosher salt, (to taste) , couple grinds of black pepper, and a small 'dash' of Mrs. Dash chix grilling seasoning. ;-)
Chopped up some fresh parsley , drizzled maybe 2 tblsp olive oil in , whisked well. Just eye ball it all and taste as you go.

Put all into a glass baking dish over chix in pre-heated oven on 400 degrees for about 20 min...(don't take long as the meat is not thick)...put up on 500 broil for like 5 min to lightly brown.
Took out oven, removed chix to small serving dish per person....added to the hot liquid 1 tblsp cornstarch mixed with tblsp brown sugar.
Pour over your chix in dish ...serve.
I served with angel hair pasta and asparagus, could go with so many sides.

I am thinking you could also add some Italian cheese also right after you take from under broil....will try that next time.

Maybe this could also be used for a mariande for grilling of chix/turkey, kabobs or pork chops or pork tenderloin .
Add some dill and use on a broiled fish, baked or grilled.
I bought some grouper to try it on this week!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luv hear'in from ya!!