Friday, July 3, 2009

Well… they did it!!


Yes the red, white and light blue glads have bloomed!!
Now we will see if they are still pretty for tomorrow at 1 PM!!
*
I am preparing some dishes today for tomorrow.
Potato salad, cuke salad and coleslaw.
DH is doing a dessert. A nice rich banana pudding.
Okay with me no baking!!
DH is also smoking a beef brisket.
We will also have hot dogs on the side… ha!!
Not a big crowd.
Some are at the beach in NC.
Small intimate affair…haa!
*
Need to do a load of wash too.
Do some straightening up…(as in put my canning stuff out of the way..;-)
I did get my stuff together for doing up the outside tables for tomorrow.


Below is my 'just because' from DH yesterday!
A pretty tiny rose bush! Will use on table then plant it.
I lost all mine but 2 over the past year...from drought and winter.

Here is a pic of one of my shelf's in the living room.
This flag I have had ,using inside and outside on wreaths.
Has a yellow ribbon on it. I did that many years ago when my step son was a Marine and they fought in The Gulf War.
The small painting on the heart is by an online pal and hangs on there nicely.

Hope everyone is going to have a wonderful July 4Th.
We are blessed that those folks fought for our freedoms way back when and should never take it for granted!

Go check out this neat PDF file pattern for making fringed place mats/runner and a BBQ set on the Baby Lock site.
Maybe will have one done for next year! Ha!!

6 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds great.....how nice that the glads cooperated for the 4th. I'm bummed that my tomato plants got that blight that was found to have infected SO many tomato plants on the east coast this year. I only have room for 4 plants and have lost 2 of them and am crossing my fingers the other 2 survive. I cannot imagine being "tomato-less" in my garden. WAAAAA...I'm crying about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. We are doing a family get together and fireworks tomorrow at in laws. Enjoy your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day, Lola! It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful party. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th July, Lola. Sounds like you have a terrific day planned. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful menu you are planning! Have a wonderful time!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will not believe this but our menus were almost the same. My husband smoked a brisket and a hen. Then he cooked some hot dogs and Brats on the grill. I had potato salad and slaw and baked beans. He also cooked some garden veges on the grill. The brisket and the veges were the hit of the day. I could not believe it when I read your combination of a smoked brisket and hot dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!