Friday, June 3, 2011

Barn Quilts

Barn quilts seem to be all the rage now.
I have yet to find any here in Virginia.

The two below we saw on our way home from Tennessee.


This one was on an old barn that was once a gift shop.


This one I shot from the interstate!
We had a book I had picked up at the Tennessee Visitors Center.
We did not see the other 2 we were suppose to be able to see.
Anyway was fun to look !!

We do not have a barn here but have a shed out back.
Maybe I can start a new trend!
Shed Quilts!!;-)

12 comments:

  1. I saw two on the way back to Texas but was not fast enough with the camera....

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. I have a quilt hanging on my front gate...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traveling through TN and KY and seeing all the barn quilts..good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos...I love barn quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so pretty, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my stepdaughter owns a farm in SE Tennessee and I've been on her put up a barn quilt. Love 'em. They are also quite plentiful up in the Lake Barkley area of KY. Some of those up there are really really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great wonder if I could also start a trend in Aussie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing I love to see barn quilts.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shed Quilts! I like it...I wonder if my husband would let me paint our shed...?

    No barn quilts here either, but there is a barn down south that has a smiley face on it. When we lived down there and travelled north to the city, it was one of our landmarks (only an hour to go!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should definitely do a quilt on your shed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in TN - halfway between Knoxville and Gatlinburg. We see 'em all over the place - and they're GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There were barns to visit like that in PA where I grew up. Loved seeing your pics!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!