Sunday, February 7, 2010
Okay the top is done.
Finished it up today.
All has been blanket stitched by hand onto the black wool.
It is 19"X19".
The colors just do not show up well.
I tried several shots and this is best one.
Those leaves look gray but trust me, are a dark green also the light looking ones are not that light!
Oh dear! The woes of an amateur photog with just a 100 buck camera.
Now to decide if it will become a pilla cover or table quilt.
I used wool and wool felt. DMC thread in dark green and tan.
Some of the wool was from an old Army blanket I have been cutting on now for a long time!
My kitty likes it too. Oh Joy! Kitty hair adds that extra special something ya know!
Found her on it when I returned from a tea break!
I used templates from Blossoms In Winter for this.
It is not done exactly like the one in the book , just my spin on it.
A lot of this has been done in doctor's offices by the way..;-)
There are two other projects from this book I plan to cut wool for next.
They involve pears...;-)
at 8:46 PM