Thursday, July 18, 2013

Some sewing....

..on more started projects. Had this simple day/house dress, as my Mama and MIL used to call them, cut out. So decided to just finish it up.

Have nice scraps left to add to scrap bins too.

Here it is all done! I enjoy simple dresses in summer. To me they are cooler than even shorts.
Lets in the breeze ya know....;-)
My next finish up projects are hanging behind door!

I have been branded by our angel kitty!!! Yes she leaps across a room on to me!
Heavens to Betsy!  Wish I could get all her craziness on film but they happen rather quickly.
Like her finding how to get into the sewing room trash can but not out. Getting acquainted with the washing machine. Climbing the drapery...... on and on.



Wiggles is settling in okay but boy does she get up to some high jinx! A rare still moment. Nap time has to be spent on a human!

We are so very hot and humid here, no breeze even. Heat index into the 100's. Summer is here!
Staying inside trying to stay cool without having AC on it's lowest setting!
Next electric bill will be bad enough!

I need to be doing more sewing but sort of in a slump. Hope this quick finish will pull me out!
Hard to believe will be August soon!! Gee the year is already half over.
What happened to all those sewing plans I had back in January!!!!
Melted away in the heat me thinks!;-)

Okay on to next project and maybe get some more things done for 'me' before time to sew for birthday and Christmas gifts again!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the house dresses, wish I had some. In the house I wear my house coat, so cool and comfortable. We are in the middle of a heat wave here also, and the humidity is horrendous! Tomorrow is the last day and I can't wait til Saturday, and to be able to open the windows and get some fresh real air.
    Need to get back to my sewing projects for Christmas or they aren't going to be finished! Good luck with yours Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a cute little shift dress! Awww. the kitty thinks you're snuggle-worthy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweet baby couldn't possibly have done all that!!! OK, I know better than that--I have many scars of my own. The dress is pretty. None C needs to take you out to dinner to show it off.
    It is scary how fast this year is flying. I am a wee tad nervous about finishing Christmas presents. I should probably start.

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!