Monday, June 23, 2008

Darlin Lil Bag ....Done!

I am LOV'IN IT!! ;-)


It is so sweet. Really not that small but is smaller then one I normally tote!
Ha..yes I 'tote' a Tote!
Trying to cut back on the heavy shoulder bags though.

Was a tad difficult to sew top shut on machine with those bamboo handles.
Any tips on that would be greatly appreciated.
Last one I did I sewed it up by hand so wanted to try machine.

I had to make some accessories to go with it.
A wallet and change purse.
The lining is nice and stiff, Pellon Peltex 70, so will hold a lot and not lose shape as will quilt batting.
Used a pattern I bought at Quilt Show in Feb.
"The Two-Hour Tulip Purse" by Janice D. Pope of Anything But Boring
http://www.wishuponaquilt.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=3659436.23195.s0&product=Patterns&productid=pattern_twohourtulippurse&sales=0&lastmenu


I did my handles different, bamboo . I have also cut down the pattern to do a lil gal purse for my grand niece Erica's BD. . Look at past posts.

Found this blog online that did them more 'true' to the same pattern!

Love the fabric as I love watermelon and strawberries.
Was thinking I may need a head scarf or scrunchie(until I get my hair cut) from this fabby too.
Sadie Pup needs one too...;-)

We had a good supper yesterday too.
Fish, chips (aka taters), brussel sprouts, cuke, spring onions, sweet ice tea.

The dessert well was yummy but did NOT come out as pretty as the pic in the mag!
So no pics of mine here is mag pic. Ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luv hear'in from ya!!