Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hummm....

 .....just checking to see if I can knock the dust off this here blog!!

No idea if I can even figure out this newfangled Blogger set up but shall see.

So much 'new tech' now days for this old brain to deal with and learn.

Still sewing and doing hand needlework, mostly wool and cross stitch.

Fall is on the way!

Back in 2018 I decided to take up cross stitching! My sweet niece is such an enabler.

She fixed me up with a couple of simple charts and I gathered the rest of the needed items.

I love Fall so went with that theme.

 


Also managed to have them stitched and finished by Fall decorating time!

The fabrics are really not as light as they appear. 

Love them and these vintage frames are my favorites!!

Will share more stitching later...I hope!

So will press publish and see how this test post goes!

9 comments:

  1. G’day Cobber and welcome back! Your cross stitches are lovely. We actually had a decent Autumn this year. Did you have the vintage frames already or were they a thrift shop find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you see this Ann! Thanks for commenting!! I have a few old frames. Some from thrifting and auctions. Happy you enjoyed a lovely Autumn!I am so looking forward to our Fall this year. Been so very hot and humid plus hurricanes and tropical storms!

      Delete
  2. Well, hello stranger. I'm so happy to see a post from you today :)
    Your stitchery is gorgeous! I also started cross stitching in 2018, November. I swore I would not have as many XS wips and ufos as I do quilting but... well, we won't talk about that. I look forward to seeing more of your stitching. Welcome back to blogland -- you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwhh Thanks Jeanna!! Yes I have been bitten by that stitching bug!! Will have more to show. WIPs and UFOs rule my 'creation room', as hubby called it!!
      My plan is to finish up some ornies before Christmas decorating time!!! YIKES! Need more 'sticky' board!!!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Your stitching is beautiful. I love the fall designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sweet Mary!! Hope all is well in your part of our world! I adore Fall and all the beauty of it in nature and the sewing and stitching realm!
      Not able to receive comments to reply too!! I did what a tip that was posted about it but still no go. Oh well!

      Delete
  4. I was delighted to see you pop up again...
    Do hope you and your loved ones are keeping well as we are...
    Beautiful Fall cross stitcHes you've made ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey! I'm four weeks late to comment, but good to see your post!! Lovely cross stitches.. next time I visit I need to come to your place - was just thinking about the yummy pound cake you made for us! Hope all is well xx

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!