Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pillow Pallet

So another new to me project! Pillow pallet!
I went with what I thought was the simple version.
Made up pillow cases to sew together.
Found this fabric in my stash that looked girly girl!
The pillows we had bought were standard or so they said.
Sadly my cases were a bit large!
I did not want to take all apart so just took them up on sides and in the sew together seam.

Used velcro to close openings.
Did not get a done pic here before delivery to the little one to use it!

Here she is relaxing on it while her Daddy naps .
It is four pillows long. So the one pillow can tuck under for head support.
Also can be folded up for a comfy chair!
May have to make a few more for some other little cuties!
I am going to try making one using sham technique next I think...;-)

Friday, July 15, 2016

Sewing PUL Waterproof Fabric

This was a first for me. Never worked with this type of fabric. I bought mine at Joann's Fabrics.
It is used to sew baby diapers and such . 
Had some cute prints! I used a small needle and my walking foot. I did put my Sew Slip on the machine extension table. Kept from sliding.
These are large toddler bibs with a catch all pocket.
I used a soft flannel on the back that I pre-washed.
They came out cute! Used Velcro for neck closure.
These were for this now 2 year old cutie!

We are having a new roof put on this weekend so will not have TV or internet. The satellite dishes are roof mounts. So off they go!
I will try to stay inside out of the way and work on sewing!!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Better Days....

I am beginning to wonder when they will arrive...those better days!
Been some tough going months here and we are not out of the woods yet!
My DH is having some serious health issues that begin with kidney failure.
Now we are dealing with more issues that were the cause of the kidney failure and other problems.
We are trying to do the one day at a time plan and keep our thoughts positive.

My sewing has been hit or miss but did a few projects.
This is a runner I made for our DIL's parents to celebrate their 50th golden wedding anniversary .
Did mean to get a better pic  and one of them with it but did not happen!
 Used two of the single wedding ring blocks.
 The blocks came out close to 15 inches. Would make a lovely large quilt for a bride.
Found this wonderful golden color floral fabric for the border.  The ring in the block made from a pretty over dyed golden fabric.
 Best pic I could get of some of the quilting. Did rings and hearts in the blocks.
 Rest was straight line channel quilting around blocks and in borders.

So proud I did remember to label it too!
Was very pretty and happy to say was happily accepted!