Monday, November 25, 2013

Burrrrr

My reading is 20F! Wind is to get back up as sun gets up more!
I am sitting here in my 'coolish' sewing room/studio writing this post.
Have a nice hot cup of coffee to warm my stiff joints!
Silly me has put off cleaning the heating unit in here! So reckon will be moving a few things as in cutting table, ironing board and a huge pile in corner today to do it!
I mean really, I do not have icicles hanging as heat from kitchen and rest of house keeps those at bay;-)
Just would like to be a tad warmer for sewing!
Which I NEED to get too!

Did manage to get a couple finishes done for sweet cross stitching niece.
Made up some pillas!
http://ansewon.blogspot.com/
Noel Tree is done a sparkly linen. The glittery rick rack does match it better then it seems in this pic! Deer Noel was a small ornie size built up to be a pilla instead. Pretty vintage lace and the cording adds a nice red edge!

 Was a busy weekend mostly doing home chore stuff. Cooked the country ham Sunday.
http://ansewon.blogspot.com/
Needed the pot liquor to cook collards for Thanksgiving. This is my DIL's most fav dish! We will be bringing the ham, collards and DH baking a cake. We will spend the day with our son, DIL and her parents. Yes will be turkey and gravy, dressing, sweet taters, snaps, cranberry sauce, rolls and canapes brought by DIL's Mom. The 6 of us will be well fed!
Later we hope to drop by our nieces home. Not sure will will need any dessert though! Hugs may be plenty!

Very Thankful for sweet family to share all the special days of the year along side!
At these times I do miss my sweet Mama and Mama-in-law a whole lot. They are with us in spirit and our sweet memories. We will always talk about them around our Thanksgiving table so they do remain with us...always.

Well best get too it! Lots to do before I lay my head back on the pilla tonight!
Don't forget to sign up for the give-away if you are interested!

7 comments:

  1. Chilly here too ..brrrrr !!
    Have a wonderful thanksgiving ~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of the chilly weather either. Your pillows look very pretty.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! That is quite the meal!! So do you do it all over again in three weeks?? Just wondering...
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yes best you stoke up that heater in your sewing room Lola..
    Gorgeous pilla for your niece..
    The ham looks delicious and it sounds like you will be having a fabulous Thanksgiving.. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRRRRRR!!!!! With cold fingertips on keyboard I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your niece make some very nice projects together. I love both pillows!

    Your meal reminds me of our holidays dinners growing up in Alabama. I would LOVE to have some country ham and collard greens...YUM!

    Wishing you and your sweet family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing you Thursday! Stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!