Friday, December 4, 2009

Ye Olde Tree


This is one of two small trees we are using this year.
No big tree this year.
Just too much at this time.
So minimum decor here.
I keep these small ones decorated .
When ready to put away just pull up a bag over them, twist tie shut and put on shelf in closet.
Easy to set up that way.

I call this one my Vintage Tree.
It has very old ornies on it from my Great Granny Nora and Great Aunt Mary.


Here is the cute topper.
He likes his high perch I think.. see him smiling...;-)


This tree is full of these sweet lil elves .
Some on pine cones, some not.
Also old glass bulbs.


I added some of my dried hydrangeas this year.


It sits on DH's Granny's oak treadle sewing machine cabinet we use as side table.
Machine is not workable but still is a family treasure.


These blue ones are hand blown glass ones from Great Granny.


The ribbon and silver icicles (1980's ) are not old.


I made the table runner and the snowman stitchery.
It says... "Love was born on Christmas Morn".

Will show my other small tree in next post.
Hope you enjoyed this wee bit of holiday cheer from our home today!

5 comments:

  1. How nice that you have such treasures. I like the idea of not having to decorate the tree each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your little ole' trees, so cute and so much christmas spirit in them..i hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! What a good idea about just covering them and putting them up like that. Much less time that way.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet. We have not put our tree up yet. Going in too many directions........maybe next week :-S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I wish I had space to put my tree away still decorated....that is a GREAT idea. This little tree is so cute and it's nice to have all those old, special ornaments, too.

    ReplyDelete

Luv hear'in from ya!!