Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Frosty Morn...

Well today is another cool one...frosty one too.
Sure hope nothing has been 'nipped in the bud' as they say. Will know in a couple days.
If has will set it all back a ways.
Loads of stuff was coming up and buddin out... from the fig bush to peonies and cannas along with gladiolus.
Makes me wish I had been keepin a garden /weather journal so I could look up years past weather to compare. Ha!!
Oh well what ever will be ...will be.

I have been wondering about ANNIES. If they are as popular as they were a few years ago.
I have made quite a few different ones over the years.
Still think they are such fun.
My favs were the Pilla Annies, see above in header, I did and the Wreath Annies.
I had an Annie Christmas tree one year with all kinds on it.
I have looked and looked for a pic of the Annie quilt I made for a gal and can not find it.
Will see if I have still got my design.
Shoot with this cold may need to re-visit SNOW FELLAS! ;-)


Supper...humm maybe I need to visit the 'winter/fall recipes' for a cold day one!
Maybe this one:

Spicy Tortilla Stew

Ingredients:
Nonstick cooking spray
1 ½ pounds chicken breast, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chopped cabbage
3 cups water
1 can (14.5 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
3 cups diced red new potatoes
1 can (15.25 ounces) corn, drained
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
1 can (7 ounces) diced green chilies
4 corn tortillas cut into strips
Directions:
1. Spray a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Cook
chicken over medium heat approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and cabbage, cook an additional
5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add water, chicken broth, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to a
boil and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, allow to simmer 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Luv hear'in from ya!!